The Fremantle Hockey Club (Inc) was born out of a meeting convened by Mr J.H. Lee (MBE), at St Peter's Hall, Canning Road East Fremantle in early 1933, although records indicate that a Fremantle side played against Suburban Hockey Club as early as May 20th 1922.
The Club's headquarters were located at North Fremantle Oval from 1933 until 1951. At this time it was felt that for the Club to expand its playing base a move to Gibson Park was necessary. At the time it was the most ambitious scheme undertaken by any Hockey Club in Australia.
In 1969 Fremantle Hockey Club once again moved to our present location at Stevens Reserve, Fremantle, where we share magnificent facilities with the Fremantle District Cricket Club.
From its beginning with one team in 1933, the Club has grown to fielding 15 senior teams and 9 junior teams. Included in these numbers are 8 senior ladies teams and 4 girls junior teams, which is a result of an amalgamation with the Fremantle Ladies Hockey Club, (formed in 1946), in 1992.